Friday, January 9, 2015

Layers and Layers

Hello Style Minds!

I hope you’re having a fantastic week. Now for most of us, we currently have to deal with extremely cold weather. For myself I always have to think about being outside walking around campus to get to class. Having to dress for cold weather and still look presentable can be quite a hassle. The best way is to layer some of your favorite go-to winter pieces!


Beanie: Forever 21
Scarf: Urban Outfitters
Jacket: Forever 21
Denim Shirt: Forever 21
Top: Charlotte Russe
Jeans: Forever 21
Leg Warmers: Payless
Boots: Belk

One of the key things to layering is not layering pieces that are too thick or bulky. You don’t want your body to look bigger than it actually is as well as you don’t want to have your movement restricted. If you want to wear a sweater, layer a thermal underneath and wear a high collar jacket. The thinner your pieces the more you can play around with layer. I also love wearing leg warmers under long boots. The little peak of it just adds a cute aspect to any outfit (as well as keeping your calves warm).  My hooded leather jacket is also one of my favorite pieces. I literally wear it almost everyday during the Fall and Winter. It’s a piece that can toughen up and make an outfit look more chic. Another aspect that I love about it is that it’s a bit cropped so it can show off my layering more.
Look around your closet, play around and see what you can layer on!











For everyone who is experiencing the same kind (or worse) of Winter I am, remember the key thing is to STAY WARM. Wear the jacket, wear the gloves, wear the scarf.

Until the next chapter!
bbsig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *